Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A WIFE Interview with Tara Swennen


After Celebrity Stylist Tara Swennen wed Husband, Craig in the British Virgin Islands (Photos Below), Dear Friend Chelsea and I attended her Post Nuptial Reception back in California. What a Evening as newly wed romance was in the air. The reception was held on the grounds of an adorable Estate in Los Angeles. The Bride wore a White Jump suit and Gorgeous Swarovski Crystal necklace while Mingling with guests. After Chelsea and I devoured some delicious red velvet wedding cake, We soon Discovered the magical Picture Booth... We had a ball all night while using the very eccentric props and being overly creative with our photos! (Seen Below)


Tara getting Walked down the Aisle by her Father in British Virgin Islands

First Dance as Husband and Wife

Tara changed into her White Jump Suit for the Reception.

Chelsea and I have a Ball in the Photo Booth.. Devil Horns, Masks and Tiaras Oh My!


Tara and I originally met Years ago, while I was working with Lindsay Lohan and She assisting Rachel Zoe at the time.... Since then Tara has branched off into her own world of wardrobe Styling...Creating quite the name for herself in the wonderful world of Fashion... Dressing the Likes of Lauren Graham, Kate Beckinsale, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Miley Cirus. I sat down with Tara to ask her about the curiosities in her life, why she loves Traders Joe's and What's the inspiration behind her signature Style.



1. Name : Tara Swennen


2. Occupation: Wardrobe Stylist


3. Where do You Live: Los Angeles, California


4. You Recently were Married, Where did you get Married and what was your inspiration behind the Location: We got married on Guana Island in the British Virgin Islands as we wanted

something secluded and private and we were able to rent the entire island!


5. How long have you been Married: We have been married now 2 months.


6. What are Your favorite Qualities about your Husband: He is intelligent, has a wonderful heart and is complete goober!


7. How many Kids do You Both Want: We would like 2 kids- a boy and a girl.


8. When are You at Your Happiest: I am at my happiest when I am proud of my work or snuggling with my husband.


9. Blackberry or iPhone: Blackberry


10. Favorite Place to Visit: Paris


11. Favorite Place for Lunching: Yaffa Cafe in NYC


12. Favorite Cocktail: White Russian


13. Where do You Grocery Shop and Why: Trader Joe's, They have amazing frozen meals that are perfect for our hectic lifestyles.


14. What is You Signature Style: My signature style is classic glamour with a hint of edge.


15. Who are Your Style Icons: My style icons are Christian Dior in the new era, Grace Coddington, and John Galliano.


16. Favorite Designers: My favorite designers are Chanel, Balmain, Christian Dior and Valentino.


17. Favorite Stores to Shop: I love to shop at Barney's NY, Vionnet boutique in Los Angeles, and vintage.


18. Favorite Store When looking for a Bargain: When looking for a bargain I love hitting the outlets at Cabazon on a weekend trip to Palm Springs.


19. Day Bag: Chanel


20. Your Favorite Accessory: My Hermes double wrap watch.


21. Best Purchase of 2009: A Max Mara trench coat which I still wear to this day!


22. Magazine of Choice: Vogue


23. What is one thing every Wife Should Own: Airplus for Her Products: They are the most amazing gel shoe insoles for any shoe to ease foot pain throughout our daily lives!


24. Who is Your favorite Styled Character in a Film: I would just have to say "The Fifth Element" in general-Jean Paul Gaultier did an amazing job with that entire movie!


Fill in The Blank -


Sexy is Courage


Dress for Success


Style is Unique


Sunday Morning Wardrobe Silk



Tara Swennen With Lucy Hale for Teen Vogue Shoot

1 comment:

GIGI Baith said...

I love this interview you did on Tara. I love the Q&A interview format. Very simple yet candid...I adore candidness!

Gigi xoxo
www.gdfierce.blogspot.com